Monday, December 1, 2008

In the Air

Less than 4 days!!! According to David he should be on a plane to Kuwait now or soon. He said I could expect a call sometime after 3 AM, so hopefully he'll be able to get to a phone relatively quickly after arriving and I'll post on here when he's safely in Kuwait. Then from there he's on a flight directly to New York, from which he'll fly to Hunter Army Air Field in Savannah, and then they'll take buses to Fort Stewart. As of last night everything is still on track for him to arrive on time on the 4th. Weather is going to be in the 50s and 60s with potential rain, so not too incredibly bad, maybe having the ceremony outside won't be as painful as I thought it would be, but I think I'm still rooting for it being inside.

It occurred to me as I was driving home from Jennie's that in about a day and a half I'll be in the car on my way to Georgia, and then once I get there it'll be less than a day until David is physically in my presence. That's really the way I want it, because once I'm there I'm going to be in excruciating anticipation. Better to have as little time as possible sitting in a hotel room with Mom and Jessie twiddling my thumbs wishing it was time to leave. Heaven forbid they show up late, I think I'd eat someone.

Well that's the update, I'll let everyone know when I've heard from him!

No comments: