Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Actually, I should be diligent about getting stuff done around here, but I'm taking it slow. I did do up a HUGE sink full of dishes and also tried a new brownie recipe. I'll let you know in my next post how they turned out. They've got maraschino cherries in them along with some of the juice.

I also hate this time between football season and baseball season - or vice versa. There's nothing good to watch on TV on Sunday afternoons. UCONN played yesterday and they didn't even cover that up here. Even the grapefruit league is better than NASCAR or skateboarding! Spare me. And, how many times can you watch Tiger win with out yawning? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

The same Irish washer woman who stood up the mom also stood up the aunt, so I've got to go down and do a load. I also need to pick up a little - the cleaning woman is coming tomorrow. Maria is good, but I need to find some surfaces for her to clean!

I've also been pulling together the stuff to do my taxes - and grandpa's. I've started taking them to an accountant - life is way too short for me to figure them out.

Well, I shoveled 8" of snow from my front stoop and sidewalk yesterday morning. ENOUGH, ALREADY! Most of the snow was gone - just a couple of small mounds in parking lots and now it's everywhere again. It was a little slick on the stoop this morning. A lot of stuff melted yesterday but then froze overnight. They're saying more yuk Tuesday night into Wednesday. However, the storm may change to rain down here in southern New England - now that's a good thing.

Glad to hear that you're back safe and sound. I'll do my best to get to the post office this week to get a box off to you. I have a couple errands I need to do during my lunch hours, so I'll get there one day!

Be well and KYHD!

No comments: