Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fall in New England

I have to tell you that this is the best time to live in New England. The colors are beginning to pop and there are Kodak moments everywhere. By this time next week it will be picturesque here in Massachusetts. It's probably at its peak in Maine and northern NH and VT this weekend. The leaf peepers will be out in full force. This is the one time when it pays to stay home. The tourons (as we used to call them when I lived in VA) will be out in force.

I will probably be out and about on Monday - it's Heritage Day in town - so I'll bring my camera with me and will post them later on. The best shots are over by the reservoirs - the reflections in the waters are spectacular.

They say CO has color too - but not the variety we have here in NE. CO is mostly yellow due to the aspens. They used to tell me that there was a lot of color down in Virginia - if you wanted to drive 2 hours to the mountains! No thank you. I'm used to looking out my kitchen window at the myriad of colors.

Autumn in New England - You can't beat it!

KYHD!

Shennie

No comments: