Saturday, September 27, 2008

Good bye Paul

Today we have lost a great man: Paul Newman. He was a great American, husband, father, grandfather, actor and director. Although he worked in Hollywood, he was not "of" Hollywood. He was classy and sassy. I did not always agree with his political views, but he was a "liberal" I could respect - he was a leader not a follower. He was not "all about him" as evidenced by his generosity to those less fortunate, but he did not make a big deal out of it.

I enjoyed watching him on the big screen because not only was he "easy on the eyes", but he was believable in each character he portayed. He made acting look easy even though he worked hard at it. The last work I saw him in was the movie Message in a Bottle and he was superb.

My prayers go out to his wife, actress Joanne Woodward, and his daughters and grandchildren.

No comments: