Friday, April 23, 2010

TGIF

...or as we have been known to say (and Grandma Carew loved this) it's P.O.E.T.S. Day. (Piss On Everyone Tomorrow's Saturday!) Woo-Hoo.

How are things going over there now that you're a Sargeant? Are you busier than before? What's the weather like there? It's really nice here today. In the 50s and sunny. We're finally getting a spring we can enjoy! Some people are still cleaning up from the floods we had back in March. I was lucky, but some folks had some MAJOR water issues. Things were so bad Rhode Island and eastern Massachusetts got extensions on filing our state and federal taxes until May 11. I finally got all my stuff together this weekend and got it to my accountant. Every year I vow to be more organized. Hopefully this year I'll do it!

The package I've put together for you will either go to the PO later this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Hope it makes it to you relatively quickly.

Not a lot of exciting stuff happening here. OOOOOH! I thought of you yesterday afternoon. On the radio on my way home from work and on the TV news when I got home, everyone was talking about the hail storms down south of here. They had lots of pictures on the TV. I remembered all the photos you posted of your recent hail storm. We didn't have any up my way, but down heading to the Cape really got pelted. It looked to be about the same size as what you had.

Well, back to work. Only 2.5 hours until the weekend starts. I'm going to a friend's house for dinner tonight. She's an elderly lady in town (87). She has 24/7 help in her house (she has Parkinson's Disease). She lives in an old rambling house on acres and acres of land. She and her family have donated most of the land to the town so that it will never be developed. Some is farm land and some is Open Land. She also has a pool and a tennis court on her property. She's kept company by a relative of Cooper named Brassie.

On the one hand I have Monday off; on the other hand I have Monday off because I have to go to Lahey. Just for checking some stuff. Nothing exciting. My appt. is at 9:45 a.m. but I'm taking the whole day. That way I don't have to kill myself getting everything done over the weekend.

Well, Sarge, have a great day/weekend. And, remember....KYHD! XXOO

Shennie

No comments: