Monday, May 26, 2008

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!

Happy Memorial Day to all those who have served and to those currently serving! We appreciate all you do. Also, many thanks to the families and friends of those who serve. Having been there and done that, I really understand and appreciate the sacrifices they make daily so that their loved ones can serve.

Last night I watched the Memorial Day Concert from Washington D.C.. I was proud to be able to cheer for 4 branches of the military as their songs were played: Army, Air Force, Navy, and Coast Guard. In the past when I have been asked if I came from a mlitary family, I said no because that usually means did someone in your family retire from the military. I will no longer answer no because I come from a long line of veterans, though none made it a career. I am proud of each and every one of my family who served and are currently serving and I know I am not alone when I say HOO-RAH!!

We have no big plans for today. It looks like it is going to be stormy most of the day...as it was yesterday and all last night.

So....to DA - many thanks for your service and your sacrifice. We love you and miss you. Same goes to all your battle buddies and their families.

Love you & KYHD!
the mom

No comments: