Monday, January 14, 2008

More Snow!

Well, they predicted 7 - 12 inches and we got about 7 or 8 here in Southboro. Fortunately, they closed the college so I didn't have to go in. It's a good thing because the guy that plows my driveway didn't get here until about 3 p.m. and did a half-a**ed job. The kid made one pass with the plow and called it good. He left a good 4 feet in front of the garage door unplowed and unshoveled and didn't do the path to the stoop or the stoop. He better get back here before 7:30 tomorrow morning! The owner of the company lives down the street from me and I know his mom - she sits behind me in church every Sunday. She's very nice and so is her son - just not the most ambitious. The kids that work for him aren't gonna set any records either, but... I can't shovel that's for sure. If this happens on or about 1/30 - I'll be calling him every 5 minutes!

It's a VERY heavy, wet snow. It's beautiful but is doing some major damage to trees and electrical lines. I probably shouldn't write anything/say anything, but so far we've had no problems.

I spent a good part of the day transferring files from my old desktop to this laptop. I'm giving Lisa my desktop for her apartment so that she can at least come into the 20th century. You'll probably hear her scream all the way over in Iraq, DA, I put a Red Sox wallpaper on the desktop today. (She is an AVID NYY fan!) Now I just have to unassemble it and get it into my car. I'm going to Ct on Sat - hopefully someone will take it out of the car when I get down there. I have presents to wrap before then, too. I think I have all the presents. Lisa's having a good time with one of hers - I adopted a harbor seal at the New England Aquarium in her name. She's named him (tho' we have no idea whether it's a boy or a girl) Bruce Hayden Winters. Nick didn't get top billing, but he's willing to live with this order. Bruce thinks it's great. Sheila and Dennis now have a grand-dog, a grand-cat, and a grand-seal. Do you think some day they'll get a granddaughter or grandson?

Well, I've done some dishes and some sorting of paperwork for my taxes and Grandpa's. I hate doing taxes. Every year I vow to be organized and have everything together before New Year's Eve; hopefully this year I'll be able to do it. You can tell Grandma didn't pass that accounting/ organizing gene on to me!

Well, QVC just delivered some summer clothes for my cruise - summer shorts with 8" of snow on my doorstep. What's wrong with that picture?

Did you get the package I sent last week? It's all munchies - no beef jerky or twizzlers. Let me know if you have a craving for anything else?

Hope all is ok over there? Did you get to see "W" while he was visiting?

Love you and KYHD!

Love,
Shennie

No comments: