Sunday, January 20, 2008

New England Patriots Fever, Part II

It's Sunday morning and I'm being lazy! I decided to pass on church this morning and, instead, did the Sunday crossword puzzle in the Boston Globe. Did pretty well. I've got a couple errands to run in a little while but will be back in time for the AFL playoff game between The New England Patriots and the San Diego Chargers. I'm glad I'm going to be watching it from the comfort of my warm house ~ they're predicting windchills of 0 degrees at Gillette Stadium this afternoon. There aren't enough gloves and socks and scarves and parkas for that temperature. Hopefully it will freeze the Chargers in their tracks. Even if it doesn't, we'll beat the pants off them. We'll be 18 and zero after today. DA - hope you folks get to watch the game - even if it is the middle of the night.

As far as the later game goes - I have no real preference. I guess maybe since Daddy was a Green Bay Packers fan I'd have to root for them. But, I'm getting a little sick of Brett Favre. Whatever, may the best team win!

I went to Ct. yesterday and we did our "Christmas". It was good to see Sheila and Dennis and Nick (oh, yeah, Keith was there too). Dennis looked good and said that he felt good. We went out for lunch and that was fun. You should've seen the sandwiches that Sheila and Nick had - chicken salad with walnuts and dried cranberries and chicken and other stuff. They were huge - they each took half home for supper last night. I was good and had baked Boston schrod (which is layman's terms means any white fish they happened to catch that day).

The new car did well on the highway and didn't use as much gas as the old one. But, HELLO, if I hadn't bought gas up here before I went to CT, I surely wouldn't have bought it down there. I would have pushed my car to the border before I paid those prices!

Well, time to get going. Breakfast is just about ready and them I'm off to run my errands. Scoots, hope all is well over there. You haven't posted lately - how 'bout a hello! Tell those buddies of yours that if they know what's good for them, they'll cheer for the Patriots! Extra rations if the Pats win today!

Love you and KYHD!

Shennie

No comments: