Saturday, March 8, 2008

Dinner's Ready!

It is 6:00 (1800 hours) and dinner is just about ready. The Shepherd's Pie is ready to go in the oven. The dressing is made for the coleslaw and the pan is ready for the crescent rolls. I'm having a glass of wine and waiting for all the guests to arrive. If they don't hurry, I may have to have another glass of wine!! Oh, the cake is baked and frosted: marble cake with rainbow chip frosting. Happy Birthday (a few days late),Chelsey. Wish DA could be here. We will be thinking of you, Bud.

Last night I watched a Extreme Makeover Home Edition. It was the one that first aired last Sunday just before Oprah's Big Give. Anyway, they built the dream house for a family from Virginia who's dad is in the Army National Guard and serving in Iraq. He is also a Civil War buff, so they also built him a special "home" for his Civil War memorabilia. The show was awesome! Needless to say I sat there with tears in my eyes the whole time! Luckily, I was home alone!!

Everyone just arrived! Talk to you later.

Love you & KYHD.

the Mom

No comments: