Saturday, March 8, 2008

Rain, rain, go away....

It is pouring here! We had rain overnight last night and then it tapered off this morning. When I left the house around 10:30 to run errands it wasn't doing anything ~ just cloudy. By 12:30 when I was going to Carol's house to pick her and Kathy up to go shopping it was starting to rain ~ not hard, but raining still. It had really started when I stopped to get gas. Then we started down 495 to go to the Wrentham Outlets and it was RAINING! By the time we got to the outlet it was pouring. A couple of times while we were in a store it POURED ~ you could hear it pounding it on the roof of the building. However, the place was still packed. The plaza is just that ~ a plaza ~ not an indoor mall so we did get a little wet going form building to building. But, at least I won't have to shovel this stuff tomorrow morning. I bought a few things - mostly stuff for the kitchen ~ but it was interesting. I had never been there though I passed it every time I went to see Grandma & Grandpa on the Cape. But I knew it was large and spread out and just couldn't bring myself to schlep around there ~ prior to my surgery. Even post surgery it was a chore. I'm going to have to go back a couple more times (at least) to get the full sense of the place. Donut would be in seventh heaven! We could drop her off on a Monday and go back on Friday and still get an argument from her about leaving.

On Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) they opened the stores at midnight to get a jump on things. I heard on the radio that they traffic was backed up onto route 495 at 3:00 a.m. waiting to get into this place that morning. Insanity!

Anyhoo, one of the errands I ran this morning was to deliver a package to the post office from the Easter Bunny! That should arrive about 10 days after the last one I sent.

Hope you're staying drier than we are.

Love you and KYHD!

Shennie

No comments: