Friday, March 28, 2008

Wednesday night was the best!!

OK - so Wednesday evening I'm sitting in the family room watching the news and Chelsey calls me. She says that DA is online so I should get to my computer. (I've never chatted online before!) So I head upstairs to the kitchen, start up the laptop, sign in to Yahoo Messenger and then she walks me through getting onto my webcam and then VOILE' there is DA in Iraq at the internet cafe and I can see him and he can see me sitting in my kitchen thousands of miles apart! It was AWESOME. We chatted for about 15 minutes and then his time ran out, but he was able to get back on about 20 minutes later and we chatted for about an hour. While we were online, I called J&C and J&B. Neither of them had their webcams set up, but Jess got online and chatted with DA for a while. He even got to see the Dad and KL. I was SOOOOOO excited. My typing was horendous because I was trying to watch him and type at the same time...this from someone who cannot walk and chew gum at the same time!! He didn't seem to care, though.

Shennie - does your laptop have a webcam?? If so, I will let you know when we are chatting with DA next so you can get on. You need to have Yahoo messenger. I think he usually gets on about 5-6pm CDT. It is 0 dark early in Iraq, but it is when he has just gotten off work.

Technology is great - especially when you know how to use it! Thanks heavens for my kids and their techno savvy spouses!

Oh - he did say he should have internet in his room soon, like in the next week or so, so then WE will be able to contact him insted of having to wait for him to contact us.

Anyway - it was GREAT to see him and "talk" to him. I hope we can do it again soon.

Love you & KYHD,

the Mom

No comments: