Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter a Little Late!

I'm up bright and early today - it's opening day for the Red Sox! Of course, they're opening in Tokyo, Japan. They may be playing at a normal hour in Tokyo, but the first pitch was thrown out at 6:05 a.m. EDT. So, I decided to get up, throw in a load of laundry, do a little knitting, catch up on my blogging, and pay a couple bills - all in that order!

Easter was a nice day - though the weather was very chilly. At least the sun was out. I went to the early service at church (9:00 a.m.) so that I could get on the road to Conn. I had been invited to Cathy and Scott's for dinner. It was fun. The ride down wasn't bad and the directions were very easy. It was actually on the way to Silver Lake.

I was the first to arrive and was greeted by Scott and Norman - their long-haired dachshund. Bailey, their tailless cat, was in hiding somewhere - fine by me. Bruce arrived next bringing his world famous recipe - shrimp cocktail! Sheila, Dennis and Lisa finally showed up and the food began to appear from all corners. As usual, there was way too much food, but it was all good: ham, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, green bean casserole, carrot puff, rolls, grilled asparagus, pickles, olives. This was after the shrimp and cheese and crackers. Then, Cathy had been up early and produced two bunny rabbit cakes - carrot cakes decorated with cream cheese frosting and coconut all on a bed of green coconut surrounded by small chocolate rabbits and jelly beans.

I left exactly at 4 and thought I'd be home before 6 - that was until I hit the Mass Pike at 84! It was all backed up. Why, you ask? Because there was an accident on the OTHER side of the road several miles up and everyone on my side had to slow down and check to see what was happening on the other side of the highway. Let's erect high barriers between sides of the road so this type of thing can't happen.

Anyway, we had a great time. Ate way too much.

More later on - it's a busy week. Tomorrow, Barbara Morgan is visiting my Challenger Center (JJ is very jealous), so we're busy getting ready for that. I'm busy knitting - working on a wedding present and then have to start on the first of MANY blankets for my great niece or nephew.

Hope you're staying safe. Is the weather warming up?

KYHD - Love you,
Shennie

No comments: