Thursday, November 8, 2007

BRRRRRRRRRR

I've gone from wearing no coat to work to bundling up in my winter coat. When I got home from work last night the furnace wasn't working properly and it was chilly (64) in the house. The furnace guy came and wouldn't you know it, the furnace was working like a charm when he got there. Oh well. It was 32 degrees this morning when I checked at 6:30. But, the sun is shining and it isn't snowing. That's a good thing.

It's going to be a long day at work today; we've got a mission at 6:30 p.m. That is not the norm, but we are doing it for one of the grad school education classes here on campus. I have to stay because we are in the process of developing our corporate mission program and I'm there to observe and note questions and issues that arise when the program is done for adults rather than middle-schoolers. It's good in that I'll bank some extra time so I won't have to take a vacation day for the day after Thanksgiving.

I might even have to miss "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" tonight. I can't believe some of the people they have on that show. Stupid is far to intelligent a word for them. One gal was the heiress to the Mood Ring fortune - Thank God - otherwise she'd be sweeping floors in McDonalds. Can you spell vowel? It is NOT spelled voul! I think they're having celebrities this week. Even they are smarter than that.

A three day weekend coming up. YIPEE. Only 1831 days til retirement! ...and that includes all holidays and weekends and vacations.

Do you have a snail-mail address yet, Scoots? Email me with requests for Santa.

No comments: