Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Car, cont... ~ again

I'm getting my new car today. The salesman is coming this morning to pick up my old car and will bring me my new car after lunch. I'll be SO glad when this ordeal is over - dealing with car salesmen, finance people, managers leaves me wanting to take a shower and douse myself with germ-X! Slimy, sleezy, disgusting. (except for Kevin)

Sorry for the delay - the salesman just came and took away my old car. No tears, no sad goodbyes. Adios, mi amiga! You served me well but it's time to move on to newer and better.

Ok, now I can begin the Christmas trimming and baking and preparing. The Messiah is this Sunday and I'm working at the reception afterwards. I told them I'd also bake shortbread - I've got the butter out softening. I'll do 2 or 3 batches. It is ALWAYS a hit. Do you like it, DA? The Cub Scouts didn't come around this year selling wreathes, so I guess I'm going to have to go to the nursery or store and get two for my doors. I will do blue or yellow bows this year to honor you and the others serving overseas. No big tree this year since I'm not going to be home for Christmas day; so I'm going to use the ceramic one that I made for Grandma and Grandpa years ago when I was taking ceramics.

Oh, and Christmas cards. I should have started them last night between midnight and 4:00 a.m. when I couldn't sleep; tho, I only have a few left from last year. Better get to Hallmark before there are none left. Last year I mailed a bunch late and Uncle Nick picked on me unmercifully! I put a sticker on the envelope that said, "Better Late Than Never", but that didn't help - according to him. There are a few that I want to do special this year. You'll see!

Time to get to work! That is, if I can get someone to reload QuickBooks so I can do my monthly billing. Scooter, will you come fix it for me? I had to change machines and now nothing works. HELP!

KYHD!

Love you!
/Shennie

No comments: