Sunday, November 25, 2007

Car

Well, folks, thank you to all who have been following my new car/car dealer saga. I think I bought a car this afternoon. Notice I didn't say new. Actually it's a 2007 Toyota Camry. I went back to one of the dealers that I went to on Friday and today they were standing on the sidewalk just waiting for me to show up. I test drove a 2008 Camry and a 2008 Rav4. Both had their pluses and minuses. But, they had a 2007 on the lot that was one of their rentals - it had 26K miles on it. It had just about everything I wanted except the automatic start feature ~ I'm getting lazy in my old age. So we started talking $$$ and cents and I got them to add that into the package for my price. Then, they made the big mistake, they brought in the "manager". What would it take to sign this afternoon? ...yahda, yahda, yahda! I pushed back and said that I was not going to be pressured and that I had to think about it plus check with my brother-in-law (thanx, David for the help). "But what if someone comes in and buys it today?" Well, guess it wasn't meant to be, was it. I will never be that emotionally attached to any car. Sorry, folks, its just not in my genes! So I'll check with the DCU tomorrow and see what kind of rate they can give me for a loan and hopefully by the end of the week I'll be driving this car......

My one major complaint was that the headrest hit my head right smack dab in the middle of the back of my head and I felt like it was pushing my head forward - it wasn't comfortable at all. So, for those of you who aren't that observant, I'm short! Yup, I know that's hard to believe, but it's true. The poor salesman and I tried to figure out how I could get to feel comfortable with the headrests that were in the car. We tried every scenario. Finally, the light dawned. We took the headrest from the back seat and put it on my seat and it works perfectly! As a matter of fact, tomorrow I am going to call the salesman and ask him if he has 2 extra backseat headrests that I'll use instead of the standard issue ones. That way I'll be able to see around the passenger seat headrest.

The salesman is even going to take the car to my mechanic and have Russ give it the "papal blessing". So the next time you see me, I could very well be driving a car that looks just like the one pictured above.

Am I my father's daughter or what?

Supper time - I've given up on turkey and am going with pssghetti tonight.

Love to all.

KYHD, Scoots.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Congrats on the new car! That's awesome! Even though it's not new, it's new to you and that's what counts.

P.S. It's very cute.